Reaching Ljubljana by airplane
Ljubljana Jože Pučnik Airport, located in Brnik near Ljubljana, is the country's main airport. It's distance from the capital is less than 26 kilometers and it can be reached within a 20-minute ride.
Cheap flights to Slovenia are offered by the budget airline Easyjet, from London Stansted. Ljubljana is also close to several other airports served by various budget airlines such as Klagenfurt, Trieste, Venice or Rijeka.
Reaching Ljubljana by car or bus
- Villach (AUT) E 651
- Klagenfurt (AUT) E 652/ E 61
- Graz (AUT) E 57/E 59
- Trieste (ITA) E 61/E 70
- Zagreb (HRV) E 70
- Budapest (HUN) E 57/E 71
Reaching Ljubljana by rail
Direct train connections to/from Slovenia:
- Germany (via Münich, via Frankfurt)
- Switzerland (via Zürich)
- Austria (via Salzburg, via Villach, via Graz, via Vienna)
- Croatia (via Zagreb and via Rijeka) Hungary (via Budapest)
- Czech Republic (via Prague) Italy (via Venice) Serbia (via Belgrade)
- Bosnia and Hezegovina (via Sarajevo)
More information are available at the Slovenian Railways website.